Software Developer Job Description
pathVu (www.pathvu.com) was founded in 2014 in Pittsburgh and is focused on enabling independent mobility of all pedestrians – of any ability. pathVu uses both proprietary and crowdsourced data collection techniques, providing analytics and recommendations to its customers for pathway improvements.
We are seeking a full-time Software Developer who has a passion to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and help the company deliver its vision of making independent mobility ubiquitous. It’s a big vision, and we need highly talented people who will help us to implement our product roadmap and deliver on our aspirations for the communities and constituents that we serve.
As a Software Developer you will be contributing to:
● The continued development of the pathVu Navigation Android and iOS apps
● Support the development of a custom API based on pathVu Navigation app features.
This position will report directly to and work with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and interact with multiple members of the company, including other technical people and consultants to complete development objectives.
The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a similar field, with:
● 3-5 years of experience, or the equivalent
● Demonstrated knowledge of Android, iOS, Java, and CSS
● Demonstrated knowledge of SQL
● Knowledge of python (preferred)
● Knowledge in GIS or ability to learn (preferred)
● Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
● Willingness to establish and achieve project goals from client and business perspectives
● Ability to ‘shift gears’ as development priorities shift
This position includes a competitive salary, healthcare, retirement benefits, and the potential for stock options. pathVu is located in Uptown, and is a neighbor of several health tech companies.
If you’re up for the challenges of enabling mobility for everyone, and interested in being a member of a top-notch technology team, please reach out and send your resume (or a link to your LinkedIn profile) to our CEO, Eric Sinagra, at email@example.com.